Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome to the Blue Strawberry!

Thank you for stopping by! Blue Strawberry is a sarcastic outlook on to the world of marketing. Written by a marketing researcher with a passion for art and design, this blog is an ode to those who are brave enough to stand out.

***

This first blog post, I would like to dedicate to those who purchased the only product that stuck in my memory after the 'Consumer Behavior' class back in college. It is the oh-so-funky purple ketchup:


The product, which after its infamous failure has only been mentioned in marketing textbooks and facebook groups, has recently been refreshed in my memory with this new, lovely, soon to be a facebook group creation of the Kit Kat:



That's right, that's right, a green tea 'healthy' chocolate bar. We have all heard of the benefits of green tea, but I wonder exactly how many leaves have to be squeezed out to make a chocolate bar? And give it this wonderful absent-y color? Because last time I heard, green tea is not, actually, green.

It might, of course, be, that I am a little bit harsh. There is hope for the product, and it is, afterall, limited edition only. Hell, even I would buy it, and store it in my personal 'Blue Strawberry' museum. Right next to the purple ketchup.

3 comments:

fer said...

They are a hit in japan. There are a bunch other flavors, even wasabi kitkat, and they seem to sell pretty well

Suad said...

ah! how interesting! thanx for letting me know :) wasabi kitkat... wonder what that tastes like :D

Tanushree said...

I'd have bought the purple ketchup.. ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop Blue Strawberry!