Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Drinkable Dumbbells

Am I the only one who uses plastic bottles as dumbbells? I picked up this habit years ago, from a local (and very, very cheap) gym. That workout class might not have ended very well, but even today, with my daily exercise regimen, I rely on a pair of Sprite bottles for challenge.

Here is the problem with that. Sprite bottles were not meant to be weights - they might fit your hand, but not in every "dumbbell" position, and will sure get slippery once you get sweaty! Not to mention exercising with soda bottles is like going to McDonalds with diet pills.

This elegant solution, called Dumbbells, could save me from further embassment, and finally fill my body with some electrolytes!


If you are very advanced, 0,5kg might not be enough of a weight to challenge your muscles. But it is no reason to think these Dumbbells are not for you! Simply replace the water with sand, either gradually (get some water out, some sand in), or revolutionary (get all the water out, and fill it up sand). You can of course also buy a set or standards dumbbells from a fitness store, but I bet they will be more expensive and not as cute (or eco-friendly)!



Designer by Jin Le, spotted on Yanko Design

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shop Blue Strawberry!